My kids are out of school, and now in particular I'm seeing alot of this woke stuff creep into our school that wasn't there just a few years ago. I'm thankful I don't have to be involved because there seems to be no shortage of social justice warriors moving into our little town , but I was at school board meetings and parent teacher conferences. I tried to find time for school events and recognition ceremonies when I wasn't traveling. I let my kids know what I expected and I'd have their back if they found themselves having to defend themselves over it. I'm happy to say there is a strong base of parents fighting back in our community over it. A principle was "re-assigned" after his twitter feeds came to light.

I had to meet with a school principle one time about a racial incident at school where a young urban lad and my son got in a fight and he claimed my son called him the "n-word". During her attempt to scold me in front of my son for how I raised him to be a bigot, he asked her what the n-word was. Conversation over, the young urban lad was a liar and I thanked her for taking sides without hearing the truth. I asked her if she was going to be so judgemental to the urban lad's parents for raising a liar as she was to the white racist parent. She never had much to say to me after that, but my son never dealt with that kid again.

I am a firm believer in like minded parents showing up and letting the school know what is important to them. You have to do that, especially now.

My wife is a special needs teacher. She has a job solely because parents of children who cannot function at a high school level, in many cases cannot communicate at all, demand that their children be integrated into a regular school She babysits kids all day who would be better off at a specialized school. And those school resources could be going to help the majority of students instead of the very few. I guess that is the downside of having parent heavily involved in school decisions.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/13/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings