There are certain shows around here I won't go to any more due to all the reasons stated above and the fact most of the sellers are real a-holes most of the time...

However, there are a couple shows around here that are much more low key, guys are easy to talk to, and prices are somewhat reasonable and occasionally you can find a gem among the wares. I've found really nice Winchester 69A's for decent prices at several shows the last few years along with a 75 Sporter. Also found a 40X rimfire stripped barreled action for $200 on a table where everything on the table was mostly Rem 700's, Win 70's - Pre 64 and Post 64, and modern shotguns of decent manufacture and all priced very fairly IMO... same show I still kick myself for passing up some great deals on some rifles because I didn't know what they were worth or didn't have the cash at the moment....

But, as said above, most of the shows around here are just for the entertainment value any more- which rules out the big shows where you have to pay $10 to park and $12 to get in and check out all the beanie babies, cheap chinese luggage, glassware, black rifles, and vitamin supplements...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.