Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
jackmountain: Sorry your gunshow appearance was a flop!
My last gunshow I traveled to was so good/interesting that I traveled to it all three days of it (August 27th, 28th and 29th)!
Only 70 miles roundtrip for this one.
But... I bought a MINT condition Ruger 77/22 Magnum heavy barrel for $400.00 cash and a couple hundred in trade items - and it shoots VERY well indeed.
One of my travel partners bought a heavy barrel High Standard Supermatic (IIRC on the model) for $495.00 - and I would have bought that in an instant had he not.
I bought a pair of Nikon 8 power compact binoculars with case for $35.00 and would have paid $65.00!
I bought a Buck Model 105 from the 1970's for $25.00 with sheath.
I bought a Buck mini folder with two blades (Model 309) for $5.00 - I don't think the owner knew it was a Buck?
I bought a Bushnell older gray (the GOOD ones!) window mount for a spotter for $15.00.
I bought an older (preferable) "Black Sheep" simulated sheep skin lining Rifle case for $10.00 (I would have paid $25.00 for this maybe more - these are great cases and VERY protective of the finish on Rifles).
I sold a Navy Camilus knife while there for $120.00 - that I bought at a garage sale for $10.00 (should have kept that one).
I sold a Leupold 3x9 variable power gloss scope for $200.00.
I bought an unused new in the box set of Redfield Jr. rings (3/4"!!!) for $8.00 - and I have an immediate use for these.
I did "bid" on a few items (two guns, a Leupold scope, a Buck knife and a Colt 22 magazine) that I did not acquire - I am NOT disheartened.
Indeed there were items there over-priced but I can NOT wait for the gunshow this coming weekend - I am sure I'll find something to trip my wire there!
In fact I kind of enjoy the naysayers who swear off gunshows - less competition for me!
Long live the Second Amendment.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Some good scores!
That High Standard would’ve went home with me too.