Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I wouldn’t be trying to help someone like that but to each their own I guess.

That behavior in a friend would certainly be cause for me to evaluate my friendship; I’d either be signing him/us up for long range shooting classes on my dime or trying some other educational activities that I thought might help. But as the poster above said, to each there own - and I’ll acknowledge the unknowns and variables of every individual situation and relationship. And in no way is this meant as a knock on the OP; I have a significant respect for him based on his posts while I’ve been a member here.

Geez, I asked for input on what rifle cartridge combination would be a good choice for a person who wants to get into the long range shooting/hunting game. I don't shoot/hunt at long ranges, nothing over 500+/- yards, so I asked for input from people who claim some expertise.

I don't need help picking my friends and I would never insult another adult by signing them up for a class of any sort, as that seems like a really good way to end a relationship.

My friend in question is a casual friend. We meet for lunch 3 or 4 times a year and occasionally go coyote calling on his ranch near White City, KS. He is a guy who is never satisfied and is always churning his guns, vehicles, horses, etc. He calls me when he is looking for a new/different firearm because I have an FFL and can usually order whatever he wants and then sell it to him for my cost and the NE sales tax.