Gsganzer: A close friend of mine (my insurance agent) and his adult son both own ranches they run "on the side", north of town.
They were being troubled by Skunks spraying their ranch dogs, children, grandchildren and buildings.
They decided to Hunt the Skunks at night with spotlights and their 17 HMR Gopher guns.
I do know they killed 35 of them over several nights and only a few sprayed after being shot - I do NOT know if they tried to head shoot them or body shots?
Next time I see him I'll ask him.
Reminds me of the situation the VarmintWife got into a few years back our beloved dog (Chocolate Lab AKC registered name Henry Aaron Gibbons - Hank for short) was let out to pee just before the VarmintWife was to head for her administrative job at the local school. The dog got in a fist fight with a Skunk and was sprayed.
We had on hand the product "Skunk-Off" and the VarmintWife took off most of her clothes and bathed Henry as best she could with it.
Eventually off she goes to work and the Principal of the school sent her home she smelled of Skunk so bad!
We had to re-bathe the VarmintWife in Skunk-Off and regular soaps several times to de-oderize her.
She went back to work the next day to some good natured ribbing.
Skunk spray is simply HORRIFIC as well as long lasting.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy