Come to find out that tomato juice doesn't work. MacGregor, my yellow lab, didn't respond to four letter words as he lit out after a skunk back in my youth. Mom was having a dinner party that night and the dog and I had to keep a very low profile. I've since learned that a way better recipe is some hydrogen peroxide, Dawn dish soap and water. Rinse and repeat.

My favorite skunk juice story was back when we put it out around or bow stands for a cover scent. I ordered a glass bottle of the stuff which was a whole bunch more than I needed. A buddy thought having some of his own skunk juice would be good, so he brought along a plastic bottle one Saturday afternoon when we were shooting our bows. He put his juice in the back seat of the car, a Cadillac of all things and forgot about it. It turns out that plastic is a permeable enough membrane to not contain skunk juice effluvia. He was not real popular with the wife the next morning when they were headed off to church.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory