Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by TheKid
I don’t have tons of WFN experience, the .44 250WFN from LBT is the only one I’ve loaded. But a friend of mine who owned several LBT WFN and LFN molds always said the WFN didn’t shoot well unless pushed hard.

Yep. My favorite .44 caliber cast bullet. LBT WFN Hardcast 250 gr bullet over 10 grains of Unique. It kills deer and feral hogs extremely well in my experience.

I’ve shot some amazing 25 yard 5-shot groups with them at that velocity range.
I’ve pushed them MUCH faster out of a Winchester 94 - .44 Trapper for some amazing 5-shot groups at 100 yards.

But really didn’t see that much difference in the way they killed deer and hogs.

Glad to read all this too CHLI, i use 17gr 4227 under GT Bullets version of a 255gr Keith bullet [actual 262gr] in my FA 44 Special 5.5" round butt, clocks 1020 fps, what a sweet load, forget about my no shooting ass getting all that\s there with that setup, i'd leave 10 bills on the table for anyone to pick up keep if that thing wouldn't raghole at 50 yards from a Ransom rest, crazy, happy to hear you guys have punched some game should anything wander in close.

It’s amazing how accurate those Freedom Arms Revolvers are, Gunner. Finally sold my 454 version several years ago.
Got tired of all the noise. 🤠

Yes sir they are, bought my FA 454 more than 25 years ago for a real good price, it came to me at 7.5" with factory mag-na-port, not long ago i sent it in to FA, 10 days later plus 250 bucks and some shipping i got back a very handy 5.5" barreled 454, best money i've spent in a long while, very handy and point-able, my old easy load with 300gr Cast Performance bullet at 1350 is still right there, didn't loose crap with barrel cut except some ugly porting, haven't shot my hellbender load with 325gr A-Frames over a max dose of 296, i suspect they'll be as obnoxious as ever, that's all good if a man needs it though.

Trump Won!