Always hunt public land (BLM) in Wyoming for pronghorn. In mid October it all depends on hunting pressure from Sept up through mid October. On private land pressure may be somewhat mitigated. But previous hunting pressure does make a difference in closing distances and on pronghorn behavior later in the season after being pursued. Antelope are still seen in 20-30 groupings, if not in greater numbers. The dominant herd buck will still be with his harem. Stalking in late season can be a challenge based on skittish behavior. Having exceptional eyesight and incredible speed they can keep you at bay at 600-800 yards quite easily. So the trick is not to be spotted. In most cases all there is is flat land and blue sky all around so staying low is a given and in many cases you will be crawling on your hands and knees to close distances. Most shots I have taken have been off of a Harris BiPod in prone or sitting position. Over time I have settled on using a 7mm Rem Mag with 140 gr Ballistic Tips for velocity and range capability. Shots I’ve made were from 250 yds - 425 yds. Last one was 305 yds. Weather is typically on the warmer side still, but expect anything. Like was stated previously, they are out and about from sunrise to sunset. Best of luck.