Didn't know whether to add this to the 2020-2021 thread or start new. ?? Anyway, I started new.

Lots of bears and some really great hunts this year chasing a pig of a bear. Lost track of how many I counted but had a good year. Missed getting the butterball I had chased around earlier but I'm super happy to fill my tag. Next weekend is opening wknd of deer rifle so it was time to get it done. Was in a hurry to get off the mountain so this is all I got for photos. Took a few days to outsmart him. He had my number the first three times, busting me when the wind swirled. He changed his patterns due to my being all over him but I was able to sort it out and set up for a 25 yard encounter. Today I got some elevation where the wind was more steady and he walked right into me. Little 358 got scoped with some good glass and got it done. Two Barnes to the boiler room 2" apart, both went all the way through. He had a broken tooth that abscessed this summer and he should have been 100 pounds heavier for his frame. It was healed up pretty well but he had been suffering by the looks of it. And yet, they just keep going. Tough suckers.

Lot of blood sweat and blisters to a bear in this country.

The 358 was just too short for my eyes to use iron sights with so I bought a Weaver 1.5-4.5 with a 30mm tube, duplex with a red dot center here in the classifieds and that made a real screamer out of the carbine. Here it is ready to roll.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here's the bear that didn't get away.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

2021 is off to a good start. Blacktail deer are up next. Good luck to all this fall!

LOL