Fireball2,

Good write up and buck!

I haven’t seen a buck worth shooting yet.... passed on a spike and his forked horn buddy yesterday.
Actually the fork was interesting.... he has the fork on his right side, the left is a long smooth spike with an eye guard that sticks out in the location and configuration of an elk and then there’s a bunch of spikes sticking out around the base.... he’s nothing now, but maybe in a couple of years all that junk might turn into something cool and unusual.

I’ve wondered about the Speer 145. Seems like a goodun for my 7-08.
I ran the Speer 130 sp in a .284 model 88 on two bucks. It was soft and while it killed well, it made a mess doing so. Slowing them down couldn’t hurt much.

I didn’t pack the EG today... weather was chit and I spent the first hour just sitting in my pickup at a crossing waiting for a break in the rain. Then took the ss/synthetic Kimber for a walk....the kind where you stop every hundred yards or so to peal off the 2” black sticky laminates that your boots have acquired.

The best is yet to come and I’m in no hurry.

Again, congrats on the buck n bear......did you buy an elk tag? Your on a roll.....

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....