"Similarly, a friend gave me his once fired Federal Gold Medal Match .308 brass fired in a M110 look alike with a Match chamber. This brass wouldn’t hold the primers after one firing. The ammo was Federal’s factory loaded 168 Match loads."

I had a similar experienced with that Federal Gold Medal .308 brass. I was gifted 1,100+ rounds of the stuff and the primer pockets were about useless. Many primers were quite flat as well. I was lucky to get one or two reloads from the brass.

On cratered primers, I have a Remington 700 BDL that will crater primers even on light cast bullet loads. On close inspection of the bolt face, the firing pin hole has been slightly chamfered. Dunno what idiot did that but as I bought the rifle brand new, it had to have come from the factory that way. I've run some seriously stiff loads through that rifle so apparently that chamfer job did not harm but it bothers me knowing it's there.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE