Originally Posted by strikeu
Originally Posted by Muffin
As a youngun we lived in England for 4 years, mother is British, If I could go back and get my grandmothers rost beef, roast potatoes, broad beans, home made mint sauce and yorkshire pudding I'd go in a heartbeat....................

spent some time in England. That was without a doubt the Absolute worst food ever. we ate at probably 10 or 12 different places in the time we were there. Horrible, I lost 10 lbs. Good luck finding a decent steak place, Brits have no idea how to cook beef. lamb was tolerable, bacon and vegetables were the staple. I'll give them bread, I had some decent bread but anything else was just abhorrible.

I lived for five years in England. The highlight of British cuisine was scones with clotted cream (a cross between heavy cream and butter) and strawberry jam. Out of this world.

A full English breakfast is fun once in a while, but I was happy I lived in London so there were lots of good Indian restaurants, a couple of decent Mexican places and other foreign cuisine available. Otherwise it would have been pretty dismal.

If I picked a country for the cuisine it would probably be Spain or Italy. France is also good. Belgium for fries, beer and chocolate.