Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
I've owned exactly 2 pumps, and old Mod 141 (35 Rem) and a new Mod 7600 (308) I could never cotton to the "wiggle/movement" of that fore-end! ha Traded both off. A pump shotgun is "OK" for me, but it never bugged me like a pump rifle! Crazy Loonyism! smile

Same here - except I am OCD about things that rattle. Bit me once after I trade a model 70 for a model 80 1911. I took it apart and unknown spare model 80 parts fell out and I couldn't put it back together. Now I get the model 70 preferences.

ps- if someone knows how to get that stupid little model 80 part back in place......... (emabarrased)

Friend has a 740 in 270 that jammed. I just bent the mag feed lips back a bit, took a honing stone to the sharp underside of them, and cleaned\greased the rails. No more jams. He thought I was a genius. I got tipped off by all the scratches on his spent brass.

Last edited by kenjs1; 10/01/21.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius