Sitka,

We have gone through this before, but I have seen a LOT more animals taken with both Barnes Xs and AccuBonds than you have, due in part to many cull-hunts, and over 80% of both have exited. I also pointed out that the AccuBonds tended to be somewhat (but not a vast amount) heavier than the Barnes bullets, but that is beside the main point, which is that both work well.

Have also seen a bunch of other big game taken with various petal-type bullets from the old Fail Safe to the Cutting Edge Raptor, Hornady GMX, Nosler E-Tip, etc. They have all killed very well--as have other bullets including the "antiquated" Partition, original Trophy Bonded Bear claw and it's modern "tipped" version, Swift A-Frame and Scirocco II, Norma Oryx, etc. They all work in somewhat different ways, but have yet to find an expanding bullet that is quite as perfect as many people apparently believe, one reason I still tend to use a wide variety.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck