Rocky I had the bright idea to buy the Ruger LCR in 22wmr for my daughter when she left college and started working in DC. She doesn't shoot much and doesn't hunt at all anymore and I thought the LCR would be a good compromise between recoil and power. She came home and I presented her with the pistol and off to the range we went. The LCR is very very accurate with the CCI ammunition, which is all I could find. My daughter immediately complained about the trigger pull and the grip. I had installed the lazer grip on the pistol which is shorter than stock. My wife shoots a lot of rifle and pistol including my .44 magnums plus she's a lot stronger than my daughter. She said the trigger pull sucked and gave the pistol back. My daughter shot my LCR in .357 with the stock grips using the Barnes hollow points and loved the pistol. When she left she took my LCR 357 and the kydex holster for it plus 100 rounds of ammunition. As I said before the LCR in 22wmr is very accurate out to fifty yards which is as far as I have shot it. I can pull the trigger but it takes concentration to get the round off without pulling it. I shoot a lot of USPSA, IPSC and 3-gun, usually two or three matches a month. I would very much recommend the LCR in 357 but not the rimfire model. Now with the LCRX you will have the option of shooting it single action which I have no experience with. I did replace the pistol my daughter stole with another Ruger LCR in 357 with the stock grips. The rimfire LCR sets in the safe.