Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Nope, I’m talking about the habit they have of randomly locking up with no explanation.

He's not wrong. I've experienced it many times
If you're experiencing the "Marlin jam" your lifter needs adjustment. I've put many thousands of rounds through various Marlins with never a problem.

I'm wondering if Ruger engineers can fix that.

DF
Ruger fuucks up the execution of it's own designs often enough that I seriously doubt they could make any improvement in the Marlin design that they couldn't fuuck up just as well. I personally know of several well worn 40-60+ year old Marlins that have never given their owners any grief through much use. If there were an inherent design flaw, one would think somebody at Marlin would have identified and corrected it long ago or maybe someone at Mossberg, Henry or Rossi, since all four have used the same basic design. Marlin wouldn't have sold millions of copies over the past 128 years if they were known for "locking up" or otherwise malfunctioning as a common occurrance/problem. Folks tend to like/buy dependable, durable, rifles and undependable/frail ones tend to not sell millions of copies or last long on the market.