I've skipped many Posts in this Thread... With intent. A definite "Marlin" aficionado, but as myself "old stuff", my appreciation for the old stuff. I do understand both some new elements and also chamberings well beyond the Model 336 of yore, such as being "seductive". But for the folks enjoying the KISS principle of guns or hanging on by fingernails in 'life'... What about the virtues of the by now "senior" Marlins such as the 336 from intro in 1948 to about the time of the "safety" intro, about '82? To me those are the "pure" and unadulterated" Marlins. Folks here with baited breath (never quite understood how that term came about), as so many nice early specimens yet at decent prices - comparatively! I did my collecting in the true and quite long era as Marlin a sleeper on the used market. Now, some pretty nice specimens I couldn't affordably justify today.
Rambling concluded, with question. Why not more interest in the classic models compared to new equivalent and even with bells & whistles sight rails, super mag chamberings and whiz-bang chamberings?

Wood & blued steel, 30-30 Win or .35 Rem... Would think for many, more than sufficient!

Would appreciate the 'other' perspective where such guns are "inadequate" or...???

Best & Happy Holidays!
John