Originally Posted by ND2506AI
Well [bleep]...... I guess I should just stay home than Mikie . Thanks for the great advice. All I was saying is it’s overwhelming to look at all these different states and different ways u can or need to buy tags. All the stuff u need to do it all the research u need to do when going into an area like that. All in between everything else we all have going on in life. I guess I’ve just been over thinking it this whole time .

I've hunted in Colorado a few times but nowhere else, for elk. I've considered other states but haven't spent much time looking into them. Mainly due to the way you have to buy a tag. Colorado is nice with the over the counter tag, that's a big attraction for many and why so many go there. It's also easier to get to for me, living in Missouri. One thing is for sure. If you don't go somewhere you're going to miss out on something in life that you'll regret. It's called hunting for a reason. For me the enjoyment starts in the planning then the day we leave. The mountains the elk live in are the only country I pull over and take the time to look back at after the hunt is over and wish it was the beginning of the hunt and not the end. Go somewhere and ignore the arm chair advice.