HeeeHaaaw !

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Well folks, progress is being made at the Beaver Compound as I worked steadily through the night getting the Ol Duck Boat, it’s real name is the “Scooby Sled” ready for the duck hunting opener this coming Saturday.

Those of you who have been following the historic endeavors of Beave getting back into the duck hunting business after a very long hiatus, know that I had the sled stuck in boat purgatory at the repair shop for 3 weeks. That’s 3 weeks of lost preparation time for me...Alas, one must push forward, adapt, and overcome...And that’s how I ended up with a gallon of oil based metal paint, a paint brush, roller, and 6 cans of spray paint in my paws, instead of a professionally done, camo vinyl wrap....HeeHaaw !

First things first...I needed a removable blind built on the sled. That’s where super duck and goose slayer member, JeffP came in. He txt’d me pictures of his duck boat with it’s blind frame that he fab’d out of aluminum conduit tubing and accessories...Beaver, following the road more traveled, I built a doppelgänger of Jeff’s frame....Actually, I recruited the talent of a retired builder and machinist, who are my neighbors to build it while I fetched beers, measured, and smashed conduit in the vise.

The Start

The End

Time to throw some paint on the platform of duck death ~ I almost wish the boat was a brand new, $40k sled, just to listen to you all screaming about how I wrecked the looks of a new boat.

Prep work ? Yeah, whatever....I washed it with a Joy dishwashing soap, towel and air dry....Let’s paint the bitch !

I do have painters tape, and masking paper on hand. I don’t know why I didn’t use any of it. Well, yeah, I actually do. I didn’t want to take the 2 hours to mask it off, since I wasn’t going to shoot it with the sprayer. Free balling with a brush and roller, felt so right for my duck boat.

Notice the intricate work on the inside of the boat...Meaning ~ PITFA !
Yes, I always have a firearm near me. Habit, I guess, or paranoia. LOL

More painting today....More pictures later.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”