Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Springcove
Beav have you hunted out of it yet?

The inaugural voyage happened this morning...I played it a smidge safe by boating into the island right a shooting light. I hadn’t boated into the island in 22 years.

A lot was the same, somethings had changed, such as logs deposited in the channel after bad storms and mega high tides which gave them a new home. I found the area we used to hunt...Started dumping out decoys ~ I decided last night to only toss 24 ducks and 4 goose floaters. I knew that would be enough for the opener.

Drove the boat into a spot and anchored bow and stern, snugged up to the shore, squared away gear, loaded the Benelli, took a seat and made ducky sounds with the calls....Nothing ! Laffin

It’s 7:45AM and I don’t see any wings, and I’m not hearing anyone shooting. At 8AM the island behind me erupted with volleys of gunfire. Sounded like a small skirmishes popping off.

Then the birds started coming into my area...each time the birds would give me a hard look, they’d spin off, not going to a full commit. They’re seeing me!

Without a partial top, I was pretty exposed and getting busted easily, if the birds were swinging wide, which they were doing at first.

Couldn’t correct the problem out there...I just said “Today, it is, what it is”

I shot a limit consisting of teal, mallards, and a Scaups, I believe it was a Scaups . Unfortunately, I lost 2 drakes and a teal hen to the island brush. Now, I need a hunting dog....Really hard to locate downed birds in thick knee and higher brush of the island.

Here’s the only two pictures I took today, I guess for proof for Ren50. Plus a couple after finishing the blind last night.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Looking good Beav. I think i should go with you some time and maybe give you some free pointers. That is, if youre covering breakfast burritos and coffee. I prefer egg, cheese and baggon.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/16/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin