Originally Posted by tkinak
Originally Posted by pahick
This'n been workin great for keepin our apple and sugar maples from gettin unruly. Never used any bigger tho.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That little Milwaukee "Hatchet" is handy for small limbs and roots. I use one volunteering on a local trail maintenance crew and have cut 8+" stuff in a pinch. It takes a while but gets through. With the 6ah battery it runs a long time. Wish they were 18 volt like their pole saw the extra power would be nice. The m18 pole saw is awesome for limbing! The 18v Hackzalls with carbide blades get called in for dirty root removal. The Milwaukee chainsaw works well but is on the heavy side for packing in a long way, the Husky's save some weight. One the lookout for a used Stihl to try, the cost of a new one is excessive for a volunteer job:).

I find it invaluable. Used to take a gas back in huntin, but last couple years just throw this in the truck and head back in. Ill be screwed if somethin big falls before I get back out but ive been lucky so far. The only time it struggled was on our one cherry tree. Bear got in and broke a bunch of limbs. Half way through cleanin it up I said screw it and took it down. 10" and still green but it didnt heat up, which surprised me. Good little unit.