There is a place for battery chain saws, but they will never replace gas saws if you cut lots of wood, in my opinion. I generally do three to four cords per year for home use. Have another half cord of 16" dead locust to cut, haul home and split, then I'm done for this fall.

Going back to spring of 2020, the 12" DeWalt 20V has cut up over 3/4 cord of firewood at camp and plenty of other work at home. We use about a half cord each year at camp for fall/winter hunting seasons. A lot of the trees we cut at camp were dropped with a Stihl MS250 and my son helped trim them out with the DeWalt, while I trimmed with the Stihl. Went pretty quick with two saws doing the de-limbing.

Much of that camp wood was hauled back in 4' logs and eventually cut to 12" chunk stove length with the DeWalt.

Have two new Oregon chains for it that are still in the packs. Haven't yet touched the chain that came on it and it's still throwing chips after two seasons. Including trimming out the limbs from a big maple dropped at home this summer.. Also have a double sided hedge trimmer that runs on those 20V batteries and is a dandy.

I use ethanol free gas in all my 2 stroke stuff now and haven't had any more issues with bad fuel lines. Downside, that gas is now over $4 a gallon.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.