So I am pulling up to the gas pump yesterday, and I see a 50-60’s-ish lady in her Honda Civic, wearing a mask while driving inside her car, pull up to the pump about the same time and start fussing with her mask. I thought no big deal - people wear masks nowadays (I am not one of them), and must be straightening it out before exiting her car. So as I start pumping gas in my car, I look over at her, and notice what she was doing was putting on an additional mask. I thought whatever. Then she proceeded to put on gloves to use the gas pump handle (guessing she was afraid there might be Covid germs on the handle. Then she went over to the towel dispenser on the gas pump island, get a couple of towels, and carefully placed them on the gas pump handle so as to use the towels as an additional barrier besides the gloves.

It must be a terrible thing to live in that kind of fear.

I could only imagine she has already been fully vaccinated with the most current dose available, but still lives in that kind of fear. I wondered if she hasn’t seen family and friends in months/years, and has her food delivered.

I felt sad that there are people who live isolated, alone, and with that kinda fear.

They are not really living.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad