I use a bps upland special and I've also owned a bps field.

I went through seven different shotguns before settling on the bps. Many of the ones I sent packing, were lighter. Aluminum receivers, plastic trigger gauards/ plastic trigger group housings, etc.

The bps has a forged steel receiver, and a metal trigger group housing. I don't mind the weight when I touch off a brenneke black magic slug.

Busting brush for ruffed grouse, snow shoe hare, ptarmigan, sharptail grouse and spruce grouse, I've occasionally spooked bears. With birdshot in the chamber, I've hit the tubular magazine cutoff to drop birdshot and replaced with a black magic slug. A quick shuck of the forearm and it's a fast set up for changing shells.

The rib pitch is spot-on for a proper hold under the bird to give a clear field of view on flying shots, with the density of the pattern hitting the bird. That rib pitch also puts brenneke black magic slugs square on the bullseye at 75 yards.

At 7 lbs 6 oz, it's heavy the end of the day, but so is a moose quarter lashed to your back.

Surely, the lighter 28 gauge on the smaller receiver won't bother weight-conscious granola boys.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]