Great thread.
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Sheister I agree wholeheartedly. SK is capable of remarkable groups considering its price point but the fliers are gonna happen so you just have to accept them

I have never had any consistency with any of the eley offerings other than match (black)and tenex (red) and as such have no more interest in experimenting with them.

It’s oft opined that “a couple” shots down the bore when changing ammo types is sufficient but like you I have seen much better results after 15-25

Cert, I'm wondering if different barrels are more finicky in this regard? It would be interesting to see what the consensus is on this subject. I have some rifles that it takes about 5 shots to season the barrel, some that maybe are not as precise that only require a "couple" shots down the bore. My newest Savage mkII FVT seems to be like that, where my Ruger 10-22 with its Kidd barrel seems to want more down the bore to "season" it. I'm thinking the Kidd has tighter tolerances, thus requiring more shots to season? Its an interesting subject for sure. In a recent thread, I posted up some targets I shot with my new Savage and I didn't season the barrel at all, just went from one brand of ammo to the next and still managed to keep them in the X-ring. I find my other Savage MKI FVT single shot to be the same way. Very interesting subject, that does have some merit. However, I've seen some barrels that need to be seasoned much more than others to see how accurate/precise they really are.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA