Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Sheister: About 25 years ago "I" discovered the "seasoning phenomenon" of the 22 L.R. ammunition in my Rifles.
I only wish I had "discovered" or known about it 35 years prior to that - it would have saved me a LOT of ammunition and consternation!
For instance I have an exceptionally accurate Remington 40-X in 22 L.R. that repeatedly took 10 to 20 rounds of the new ammo to settle down (season itself) back when it was new to me - and I was doing accuracy testing of various munitions.
I have NOT noticed the "seasoning phenomenons with the copper jacketed 17 HMR ammo in any of my several 17 HMR Rifles.
I am so happy you had a great day at the range Saturday.
My Elk Hunting partner and i had one of those great range days (no wind, no mirage, bright sun at our backs and 58 degrees!) yesterday as we sighted in three centerfire Elk Rifles (338/378 Weatherby Magnum, 300 Winchester Magnum and a 7m/m Remington Magnum) - no seasoning needed there either - thank goodness!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

The seasoning comes later, after they are on the ground and in the frying pan...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA