Originally Posted by Sheister
Interesting observations for sure... I know that at times when I change between different ammo in the same manufacturer's lines that I can season the barrel in just a few rounds- maybe 2-5 rounds and then shoot for score.... but when I change manufacturer like Saturday when I went from Eley to RWS, it takes 10-15 rounds to fully season the bore... I suppose running a patch down the bore between changes could shorten the seasoning process, but in the end it would take more time and gain little and the end process would be about the same scores IMO.... To me, the shooting is the learning process and even when I'm seasoning a barrel I am learning something about my rifle, my shooting and technique, and other things as I go along....

I will say that Saturday was an especially great day for this as there was one constant we seldom eliminate here is the wind. The weather was about as perfect as it could be for shooting precision .22's and centerfires and there was barely a hint of a breeze at any time all day.

Bob

That is for sure Bob. A dang near perfect day it was...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA