They will lowball the heck out of you. Just went through this an my new GMC AT4 Seirra, only a couple months old and a coworker left his car in neutral and it rolled into my pretty much brand new truck....didn't look like much, maybe 5mph impact, but I knew it wouldnt be cheap. He had Gieco. Repair estimate was 6k parts and labor and thats about where it ended up at. All new oem parts too, no repaired bent stuff. Geico adjuster offered 800 in depreciation, bs! After I said no way, the supervisor offered 1500. I then contacted a asset/appraisal lawyer out of north Ga, i think he works several states. For 299, he writes up an appraisal and gives you what to send to the insurance company. He wrote mine up as 5900ish and it was detailed on how he came to that number, the market of used/wreck vehicles in that price range/mileage, etc. It took about a month going back and forth and we finally ended at 4500. I would send him their rebuttals and he would send me what to write back.

We went from 800, to 1500, 2500, 3250, 3750, until I got them 4500 when it came time to threaten lawsuit. The $299 for his services was well worth it and included the fact that he would take it to court for you. But like he told me, it never goes to court, they wise up after awhile. I just couldnt sue a coworker for an accident, so took the 4500 bucks in depreciation.

I would image this could all be handled through email like mine was. If you want to give the guy I used a call let me know and I'll get you his number. He can at least advise you, no charge.

Last edited by killerv; 10/18/21.