Upon assertion of a Diminution In Value (DIV) claim, an insurer will likely send you a DIV questionnaire asking some questions about your claim. They'll want to know:

Year Make Model of your vehicle
VIN
Mileage
Accurate description of the damage sustained in the accident along with a copy of the repair estimate (they should have that)
Where you had it repaired (one of their recommended shops, or your own shop of choice)
Whether or not the repairs are actually complete
Accident history

They'll have most, if not all, of this information already, but they'll want you to reassert it on a DIV claim form.

They will also look at:
Vehicle overall condition

They'll verify if you had/have:
Any previous repairs
Whether or not you have a branded title

Understand that insurers have access to databases that only insurers have access to that gives them a rather detailed histories on your car and your own claim history. So be honest, insurers verify whatever you tell them. Their information if far more detailed than any Carfax you've ever seen.

If you want to send me the information via IM, I'll be happy to look at it and give you an idea. What I can't do is run any information through my own company's systems. I can only do that for claims I am actually handling, but can't use them to do favors for others. So, I'll trust whatever information you send me is accurate.

However, it might be easier to chat about it instead. I'd still be happy to talk to you and give you some proper expectations if you want. I'll tell you now that DIV offers are usually lower than what you'd expect, and many times, they are token offers simply because your vehicle has been in an accident. So, however you want to approach it.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/19/21.