a good reason I haven't owned a "new" vehicle since 1988.....

I trust Insurance companies as far as I can throw Texas....

after USAA totaled my 2008 Camry, that spent most of its life being towed by a motorhome, otherwise sitting in the garage waiting for its next trip..

they "totaled" due to falling acorn damage, because they set the cost of the repairs at $4500.. think hail damage here.

I took it to a place, that Bristoe looked up on line and sent me a link.... places that pop out dents with Dry Ice... that was less than $1000.00
nope they wanted to total it anyway.... car drives fine and looks fine, until you are standing right next to it....

So since last year, I've been dealing with the state of Oregon, who never sent me the title... and how F'up it is, hasn't gotten me the title yet for the last year, despite a letter a month to them.... the DMVs are closed due to Covid, and you call them, they tell you current wait time is from 1 to 3 hours... insurance company won't pay me until they get the title, which they call me every 10 days or so wanting to know where it is...so they can issue me a Salvage Title.... hell, I don't care.. because I run a car into the ground before I get rid of it anyway. my 4 Runner is an example of that...

its not the money... its the damn hassle.... you pay for good insurance and then when its time you need it, they always jerk you around and have full training classes on how to jerk the customer around, so they will eventually give up in frustration, or accept a cheaper settlement.

now Oregon won't renew the plates, because the Salvage title hasn't been issued, because they haven't sent me the original title to the car, so I can send it to the title adjustment company, so they can send it back to the state, to issue the car a Salvage title....no change in over a year. I just drive the car... if I get hauled into court by some cop, I'll put in front of the judge. I've been doing what I'm suppose to be doing... Oregon DMV hasn't....

There isn't a "Good" insurance company on the face of the planet... ripping off the customers as much as possible is the name of the game so that Big Level execs can get their annual 6 and 7 figure bonuses.....

Oregon DMV sucks....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez