I have a couple big metal insulated water containers but I keep them at work or in the truck when hunting. The wife can't go anywhere without water though, feels parched if she doesn't have a drink every 15 minutes seems like.

I think there's a couple reasons for the popularity, especially among women. One was already mentioned, saving the planet nonsense. Second is fitness/excercise virtue signaling...they figure if they wear leggings and carry a water bottle, people will assume they are on their way to/from the gym and are like,all super healthy and stuff. I think the yoga craze started that.

Also, people (again mostly women) heard that you needed to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, and I'm pretty sure someone said it would make you skinny. 9 out of 10 women would eat white dogsheitt if someone told them it would make them skinny. The rest is fashion- its fashionable to carry a water container (set to change in type and color, just like clothes) and god forbid your average female is missing an essential fashion accessory. I think that covers it.