Thanks, Dwayne.

PS As I mentioned in the opening post, the trigger (as it comes from the factory) isn't the best (gritty and about 8 lbs break), and that's largely due to the magazine disconnect, which has been in the Hi-Powers since they first started selling them. Useless devices.

I decided to use YouTube as a guide, and take mine out. I got as far as punching out the pin in the trigger, but couldn't get the disconnect to come out as the procedure is described on several YouTube videos. Not wanting to use force, I took it down the street to my local gunsmith and asked him to remove it, which he did. The SOB charged me $25.00 for the job, but I'm happy with the results. All the grittiness in the take up is gone, and it crisply breaks at a hair under 6 lbs now, which is a good combat trigger weight, IMO.

PS He's not really an SOB (often he does things like this at no charge, so I really can't complain). Just seems like a lot for something that took him ten minutes to do. He said he had to remove the trigger entirely to get the disconnect out.