More on the FM M90 Detective:

"Back in 1994 I picked up, from my LGS, an Argentine FABRICACIONES MILITARES (Dirección General de Fabricaciones Militares (DGFM) M90 Detective which is a modified shortened slide / barrel P35 made on FN equipment licensed to FM.

After breaking it in, determining that it was a "keeper," I decided in 1995 to customize it.

I bought and installed several Cylinder & Slide parts: CS025C Duty Carry spring kit (hammer & firing pin), CS037 trigger, and CS035 safety. (And yes, the C&S trigger and safety as delivered had a purplish hue for whatever reason.)

I removed the magazine disconnector and tweaked the trigger function. I also beveled the magazine well and stippled* the grip front and backstraps. Had a local shop reblue the gun and then added Craig Spegel madagascar rosewood grips and Hogue hex grip screws.

It uses either CZ75 Compact (Wolff #53917) or bhspringsolutions replacement recoil springs as factory springs have never been available in the States.

The pistol weighs 30 ounces unloaded and uses any Hi-Power P35 13x or 15x magazine.

It remains a favorite. " laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

* The long ago discontinued tools I used to stipple the gun:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

-=[Bob]=-