Originally Posted by Seafire
If you think that is cool, I gather you are not familiar with the Runestone found outside of Alexandria Minnesota, in 1898. That precludes Scandanavians in Newfoundland, as far inland as Minnesota. Here is a 8 min video on youtube about the Runestone Museum in Alexandria MN...

I've read things several times in the past also about Viking Ruins or Evidence of Presence in Oklahoma from the same time period.

and I trace our family roots as far back as those Vikings who came to England in 1066 with William the Conqueror, who were given plenty of land by William for their service
in what is now Ipswichshire.

This runestone is a great mystery. An article I googled said:

In 1911, Ohman (the discoverer) sold the stone to the Minnesota Historical Society for $10, Norwegian historian Hjalmar Holand claimed Ohman sold it to him. Long story short, Holand took the stone to Europe for analysis. Though there was keen debate over the stone’s authenticity, the majority agreed that the text on the front was written in 19th century Swedish, rather than 14th.

Still, there were others, such as a scientist at the Minnesota Historical Society that subjected the stone to the weathering tests of the time (not quite the most accurate system), and he determined that the writing was 500 years old. This announcement brought forth more believers in the authenticity of the stone – mostly among the Scandinavian community in the Midwest.

Twenty years later, more advanced tests were done on the area in which Ohman had found the stone – it had been submerged 500 years previously. No one was doing any writing on a stone at that spot in 1362.

The origin of the the Kensington Runestone is still a mystery, however. No one knows who made it and exactly why the hoax was perpetrated.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.