Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by 673
Interesting to note that the first French explorers (Champlain) noted the European features the Indians on the east coast of Canada had, in comparison to those of the interior. The Vikings were clearly here for sometime, then absorbed into the various Indian bands.
It is safe to say the same thing happened elsewhere in North America, likely the west coast of North America. Mariner's lost at sea or walking the land bridge into NA.

My Mom is around 60 percent of a West coast tribe, what I thought was interesting was there was 3 percent Mongol in her ancestry. If I did the math right the Mongols would of been on the West coast not all that long ago historically speaking.

A theory I thought plausible....some of the Indians are descended from those from that region (Mongolia) who were escaping Genghis Khan and crossed the land bridge.

That was pretty much my first thought too. It could of been a bunch of the wandering types also. I could see a bunch of young dudes who just have to see what's over the next hill ending up in all kinds of places back in them days.