Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
How are the flyers? Not that flyers make any difference for self defense. I'm also wondering how they compare in penetration?

I haven't shot enough groups over time to really see any flyers unless you count the jerk behind the trigger yanking one occasionally. wink

And I haven't shot any animals with them either, but they dupe the SMK's so I'd expect comparable performance.

MM

I always see flyers, but you are right it's usually the jerk behind the trigger. Proved that last saturday. However, I ran them fairly fast. 10 shots in 10 seconds. Bumped one out of the X-ring. Wasn't really a competition, as we had very minimal shooters there. Most of our guys were out hunting on opening day. Even the phugg that suggested we have the shoot at the meeting was out hunting. SOB. He's a newbie handloader, but wants to tell all the members how to reload for "precision". This would have been the first shoot for him to prove his chidt doesn't stink. I've seen him shoot with his Christensen arms in the chassis to know why he wasn't there....The bullets you posted seem to be a great deal and one to be considered. I guess I'd have to shoot them to be sure how good they really are.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA