Originally Posted by 358WCF
Originally Posted by B52RadarNav
On RL-15 had a recommendation of 38.5 gr up to 40gr … seems I’d get signs of pressure around that 40gr and too high?

Every rifle is different. Start lower & work up in 1/2 gr. increments. Also seating depth can make a big difference in group size. I settled on RL15 too after having pressure excursions with H380 & 2700 on hot summer days, so 86ed their further use. Too lazy to dig out the old notes but I stopped a touch below book max with both H4895 & RL15 because the groups were so small & started growing with more powder. RL15 got a bit more fps than H4895, both shot tiny groups. I had a lot of Hornady 50gr SXs that shot very well & was able to get them close to 3900fps without them coming apart in flight. Speer 52 & Hornady 53 match bullets shot well too but didn't have the same 'splodey effect as the SXs out at 450+ yds. Norma brass couldn't be beat at the time & may still be top of the food chain if you can find some. As always my stuff is/was different than your stuff so YMMV.

Also, my Swifts were all 14 twist which limited pointy bullet selection to 55gr & under. Not that that's a bad thing... Unsure what twist yours has.

Thanks 358WCF on the RL 15, helpful info for sure, have some Norma - curious if any particular primer or really didn’t matter?