Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
B52RadarNav: You have probably settled on a load by now but I thought I would add a bit here.
One of my most accurate 220 Swift Rifles (I have about a dozen of them!) is an all stock Remington 40XB-KS single shot with the 27 1/4" barrel.
I have a Leupold 6.5x20 variable scope on it and this Rifle is just plain ACCURATE!
And of all things one of the first bullets I tried in this rig was the humble Sierra 55 grain Blitz (not the BlitKing).
I use Norma brass, Federal 210 M (Match) primers and good old IMR 4064.
Some of my friends poo-poo'ed my idea of trying the "explosive" Blitz bullets in the Swift but they hold together for me (in the 40X's quality barrel!), the accuracy is wonderful and the lethality is "impressive" to say the least - on everything from Prairie Dogs, Rock Chucks, Badgers and especially Coyotes.
Anyway anyone looking for an inexpensive bullet to try, for spectacular kills, on Colony Varmints I highly recommend the 55 grain Sierra Blitz for your Swift.
Long live the 220 Swift.
Hold into the wiind
VarmintGuy

Well, as it happens, life happens … been taking care of my dad for last few months with not much down time. So, your post was timely as I’m finally able to start working some loads up. I’ll throw the 55 GR Blitz into the mix with 50 GR Spitzers and 52 GR Sierras I have, Out of curiosity, what’s the twist on your Rem 40XB-KS?