If you can get mules in it's not that rough... while funny it's true... Told Dennis about a canyon that always holds bulls, said you kill a bull at daylight easy, then two days packing it out. He said no problem, I'll use the mule, told him you can't get a mule in. He figured he could get the mule in anywhere, till we went scouting, then it was, nope, can't get a mule in there.

Ended up going in and killing one the forth day of the season as the easier spots weren't producing. No problem, hike in with headlights, at first light shoot a bull across the canyon at 250 yards, then the hard part comes, one guy has to go down then back up and find the bull, the other guy has to stay in place and guide him with a radio. I've done this multiple years in the exact same place and each time swear I'll find the bull without help, when I think I'm in the spot and close, I'm never even close. After Dennis guided me to the bull and it was his turn to come over, I guided him by voice, when he finally made it 30 minutes later he's like... that's the farthest 250 yards I've ever hiked.

Units 23, 27 and 8 have some rugged elk country in Az. I've hunted the San Juans, Dark canyon in Colo and unit 6 in NM that have elevation and steepness.

For pure meanness it's Az.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Some easy places up on the Mogollon rim to shoot a cow and get a truck to it.