Originally Posted by MAC
Roughest I ever got into in CO was on the Gore Range by Kremmling. There are some very steep and rough canyons full of dark timber with lots of blown down trees. Big bulls like to get into it and hide and you have to dig them out. It will be a running shot at close range and a very hard pack to get them out. Easiest I ever got into in CO was in Unit 2 for cows. Rolling sagebrush and cedar points. Nothing real steep or rough. Absolute huge bulls there but it takes 25 points to draw so I hunt cows there.

I spent many years in Grand County. Always could see the gore range from some of the lofty perches I frequented.. Never got into that part of the state and it looks mighty gnarly from a distance! ...... Actually, when I think of a few SAR missions many years ago, I did spend a little time in em, but I don't recall getting into any serious elevations! Too much beautiful hunting grounds out there and I only got into a small portion of it over the course of 25 years! I wonder how much of that area is going to burn in the coming years as I hear that many areas are chock full of dead timber!

Last edited by troublesome82; 10/24/21. Reason: wording