Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by huntersdog
What are you guys using for sharpening your blades?

Worksharp and a steel to touch it up. For gutting I have a variety of knives I use, mostly for sentimental reasons. For cutting meat I use Dexter butcher knives and a couple other similar brands of commercial butcher knives none of them are very expensive and they hold an edge well. Big cutting boards, meat totes etc. finish out the ensemble. Good LEM grinder, the best you can afford. Bags to grind burger into and a tape dispenser thing. We have a plastic folding table that we put PVC pipe "stilts" on to raise it so we don't get back fatigue. It's an absolute must if you ask me. 20-22" I think is all it took.

For fish I use a Mr twister electric fillet knife, replace the blades every year, you can only sharpen them so many times.

I also use a white cotton glove when cutting game or fish, soak in peroxide and wash after with the laundry. Helps with your grip or if the meat is froze it really cold. Plus provides a little protection if you bump a blade.

That's what I use start to finish on a critter and it serves us well. Easy set up, easy take down.

Sorry, that might be more info than you were looking for

Thank you for sharing your information and techniques. Every little bit helps all of us.