A few years ago I loaded 00 buckshot, used federal paper and see through plastic hulls I got from ballistic products. I didn't want anything that would be hard for the wife to handle, wanted something about like a dove load at 1200fps. (9) 00 pellets are about 1 1/8oz.

I have some old style Alcan fiber wads and Rem H wads, so with the paper hulls just experimented with the different sizes to create the column height to crimp. Also made some mini shells by cutting the paper hulls down, using whatever fiber wad worked with an over card and roll crimp. It was a novelty and cool, but not sure I'd trust them to cycle reliably in a stressful situation. 18.5gr red dot is a 1 1/8 load at 1145fps.

The plastic hulls I tried different hulls I had and ended up using the WAA12SL, again it's what will crimp half way decent. After loading some I decided to cut the fingers off to see the pellets easier and identify the shell. 24gr of unique for 1 1/8 1250 fps.

I also loaded some Rem gun club high base also, so you can use the remington or AA hulls. I don't really as those are my bird hunting hulls and I don't want to get them mixed up.

Of course I'm not trying for some magnum load. If it was me I'd find a load using the powder, hull and speed you want in the weight of shot, may have to play with what wad to crimp right.

Kent

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]