Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by steve4102
I know you were just using $150/hr as an example, but Licensed Electricians and Plumbers have been charging $125-150/hr for quite some time around here and this isn’t even in the big city elite areas.

We don’t work cheap, around 45.00 an hour here for a plumber, AC tech, or electrician. A business has to have overhead and profit on top of that.

Right the Plumber gets the $45 from his employer, the employer's charges the customer the $150 to cover the costs of overhead, insurance, SS, Unemployment, medical, dental, and profit.

DB (Davis Bacon) on a typical .GOV job is the wage that is used to bid work... been out of it for a while but let's pretend I am correct. Journeyman Electrician makes $36.56 per hour plus $14.28 in fringes...

The Electrical sub bids the job to the GC at $345,875... this covers 950 Journeyman Electrician hours, lights, switches, panels, wire, conduit... another 1,200 hours for Laborers... then profit, overhead, bond et al.

The Electrical sub will PROBABLY have to bribe his Journeyman Electrician and Laborers to get the jab... a smart electrician will say OK... pay me $36.56 per hour plus $167.28 in fringes...

Keep in mind... there is more work than can be done already... outside of .GOV.

----------------------------------------------------

Another GC friend was asked to do a private job... for a liberal (O'Biden signs in yard and all).

Tear out a small brick porch/stoop... and replace. About a cube of brick (505). Typically a $3,500 job in WV... maybe $4,500 in rural Virginia... maybe $8k in a suburban area.

Darryl quoted the job at $25k... because he is already swimming in too much work... and because she is Libtard.

She said yes to the $25k.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.