Same disclaimer as I posted in the Namibia small group trip. I know everyone is either starting or getting ready to start US based hunting seasons and for a lot of people even thinking about Africa for 2022 is somewhere over the horizon. But, for some who need to start sorting out/scheduling vacation time for 2022, I want to get this posted up now. Also, it might be a good time for guys in the deer camps or duck blinds to have an opportunity kick it around together. So.....

For 2022, I have the following dates locked in with Koch Safaris in the Tuli block of eastern Botswana. The property boarders the Limpopo river with South Africa

Pick up in Gaborone - 22 Aug 2022.
Hunt 23 Aug thru 1 Sep - that's 10-full hunting days
Travel home 2 Sep and should be home on the 3rd.

Those hunting dates are centered over prime full dark of the Aug/Sep dark of the moon.

I understand the travel details, departure dates, airline and route are still sketchy now but, 10 full months out, is fine. There are way too many unknowns and still unknowable at this time. All of these revolve around what airlines will be flying then, what routes work for everyone, Covid related testing and travel requirements etc. The MOST important thing at this point is deciding if you want to go. Everything else can be sorted out along the way.

For example, being picked up in Gaborone on 22 Jun. It's only a 2 hr drive on blacktop road all the way from the airport the main Saas Post gate. IF we land early in the morning, say 10 am or before, we'd be picked up at the airport and drive straight to Saas Post. We'd be there early afternoon, light lunch, a little unpacking, hit the range for rifle checks and still time for an afternoon orientation hunt.

Coming back on 1 Aug, we'd just leave Saas Post in time to drive straight to the airport. Again, all this is still too early to try and sort out. Just trying to provide a general idea of timing etc.

Lodging/bungalow consists of 5 private rooms each with en-suite private shower/toilets. Each room can be configured for either a queen size or two twin size beds. So, this means the "small group" can be me +4 if each want private rooms.

This will be a "closed camp". Our group will be the ONLY people hunting on the approximately 250,000 US acres. In accordance with Botswana law, all registered private hunting land must be enclosed by "high fence". He also has access to several other large (5000-25,00 acre) high-fence properties.

Last of the admin notes - because of all the travel/Covid unknowns at this time, anyone seriously interested in wanting to go and willing to make a serious commitment just needs to say so publicly here. No deposit money is required at this time. I have money on deposit with Gerhard to lock in those dates. No deposit (50% of the total daily rate) until 120-days before we arrive unless your are seriously committed absolutely want to lock in. I will also keep a list of the those publicly committing and alternates in case any of the first to commit change their minds. That 120-day cut-off still allows an alternate time to get packed, paperwork and airline tickets.

Now that all the opening admin queep is done here's the price list. Note - these are the SAME prices posted for 2020!!! The only difference is I'm just posting his straight daily rates and individual species trophy and cull/management game fees. He will be putting together several "package" hunts like I poste last year after the calving season is complete and he gets a better idea of game counts.

He is offering a 10% discount on the daily rates only, for those that come in this group. He'll also offer the same 10% discount on the package hunts for this group once he gets a better idea on the game counts in a few weeks.

Daily rate: $350.00 p/p/p/d 1x1 or $250.00 p/p/p/d 2x1. Non-hunting observers $150.00 p/p/p/d. Daily rate includes: Road Transfer to/from Gaborone airport to Saas Post, rifle import permit(s), meals/snacks, lodging (private room w/ en-suite bath) daily laundry service, twice daily maid service, soft drinks and reasonable amounts of locally available beer, wine and hard liquor, PH, hunting vehicle, tracker(s), skinners, initial trophy prep/salting and delivery to taxidermist for export.

Not included are airfare to/from Gaborone or any meals or lodging desired/required before being met at the airport or after being returned to the airport for your return home.

2022 STAND ALONE TROPHY FEES:

Giraffe $2500.00 Eland $1600.00 Impala $400.00
Kudu $1500.00 Gemsbok $1000.00 Warthog $350.00
Bushbuck $1000.00 Blue b/b $600.00 Red h/b $1000.00
Waterbuck $1400.00 Steenbok $200.00 Duiker $200.00
Baboon $50.00 Vervet Monkey $20.00 Jackal FREE

Cull/management animals: Impala - $100.00 ea., blue w/b $200.00 ea., zebra $350.00 ea., and giraffe $1000.00 ea.

**Other species may be available on request

I will post up the details of the package hunts here in this thread once he sends them too me.

DG Hunts:

This year, 2021, he had a very good season on elephant in CT-27. It is located at the N end of the Tuli block. He advertised the elephant there to be in the 30-40 pound range and ended up taking a 50, 60 and a 70 pound class elephants. CT27 - North end of the Tuli Block (eastern Bots) region, 2,000,000 acres. You'd fly into Gaborone. He is still negotiating for quota for 2022 so can't commit to pricing at this point.

All hunts (PG and DG) include road transfers from the airport to "camp". Rifle import permits, all meals, daily laundry service, daily maid service, locally available beer and hard liqueur (within reason). Initial trophy prep and transport to local taxidermist for export etc.