Originally Posted by FLNative
You don't say how old or what size your oldest is, but assuming he/she is sub-teenage, it is darn near impossible to beat IMR 4198 or RL7 for reduced loads. I and three of my hunting partners have used 4198 in .243, .7mm-08, .308, and .30'06 with light for caliber bullets for five kids and my retired dad with his rebuilt shoulder. Recoil is truly negligible and when you hit the sweet spot for charge, you'll know it. Gives excellent accuracy in every rifle we've loaded for, and we've kept several of the loads for range time, cuts down the powder consumption significantly for range sessions and trigger time. There are couple other guys here on the forum who turned me on to it years ago, now.

Either 4198 or RL7 will give at or near the velocities you're wanting. With a 120 in 7-08, start around 27.0 gn up to 30.0 of 4198, or for RL7, start around 29.0 and go up to 33.0.

that was from me also FL/Native... I remember you PM'ing me about your dad's shoulder. Glad it worked out for him and the other stuff for your friends and family for kids.
That is how I got started on that sort of stuff, via being a shooting instructor and merit badge counselor for Boy Scouts.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez