I've had Peter Limmers and a few other top brands. Quality of my Alicos is much better than the primo Peter Limmers, etc. for a number of reasons.
My favorite by far are the ones I plan to continue using for years to come. My model of Alicos are Italian leather and italian craftsmanship. Vibram Norwegian welt sewn soles that go hundreds of miles without wear out, firm yet grippy on rocks here in W.V. and forests. If they ever do wear thin, I'll just buy another set of vibram soles and use my stitcher to replace them.
Glove leather lined. 6" Tall and 3 sets of hook quick lace up. I've never seen better boots. I've worn them to church because they look THAT good and I had them through the roughest ankle rolling terrain. Ankle support is adjustable and sticks don't poke through the gusseted tongue. I have wide feet, but they have exactly enough room for thick wool socks with liners but cinch snug with thin warm weather ones...fit either way.
They go on most hunts and hikes. They breath very well too.
They were $300 on sale. Cheapest cost because theyve lasted longer than three pairs of my other boots. Alico, one piece smooth grain Italian art.
🥾🥾

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 10/29/21.