Originally Posted by MarkWV
I’ve never known a MSHA rep arrest a single person. I grew up in a coal mining family. Dad was safety director, brother a mine boss. About 84 years between them. Never ever heard of them arresting anyone.

Dad would go to court to settle fines they received from MSHA. Most of the time the fines were dismissed.

The mine owners and operators that my brother now works for implements their own mask mandates. MSHA is forced to wear them if they want to come on mine property.

I worked at the RioTinto owned US Borax and we had a Certified MSHA Trainer as our Safety guy He Put the Fear of God into everyone of us about when the MSHA inspectors came around.
He told us to answer everyone of their questions Honestly even if we were dooming our selves or our Co Workers.
He Told us that the MSHA Inspectors go threw the Spook program with the Feds before they get to be MSHA Inspectors and Receive their Badge that make them Federal Agents.
He was the one that told our Crew that they Could and Would Arrest you on sight if you caused them any trouble or lied to them about what was going on.

I removed myself from the project before they came around so I have never been interviewed by one of them myself.