Originally Posted by minengr
Oh, the stories I could tell about MSHA. I am so happy to be out of the industry.

Never heard of anyone being personally arrested by MSHA, but did work with a guy who was at Buck Creek when the FBI and MSHA swarmed it and shut it down. He said the most scared he's ever been was when the FBI guy with the drawn pistol said "sir step away from the computer".

They are just another inept .gov agency mostly full of power hungry aholes.

Originally Posted by funshooter

He Told us that the MSHA Inspectors go threw the Spook program with the Feds before they get to be MSHA Inspectors

I am pretty certain this is correct. They receive interrogation training from one of the alphabet gang. Although, normally, I believe that kind of questioning is usually reserved for things like fatality investigations. I was involved with one of those, they suck on multiple levels.

We had another company ignore our red tape and went past our standing guard at the entrance to a building they pushed their way threw and said they speeky no englase.

Our crew that was working on the third level had a pipe elbow slip and fall right next to the guys that said they speeky no englase.
Near miss. No one was hurt.
They just about threw our crew in the pokey. The crew that walked threw our safety warnings and said that they speeky no englase was let go Scott free from the General Contractor.

That was until the MSHA Inspectors got wind of what happened.
HOLLY BLEEP BLEEP BLEED happened.
People were resigning the fines started rolling out.
I was told that the Gen Con got hit with something over 100K in fines.

Our Crew was just put on a type of probation and no fines came to our Company because we had all of the required warnings up and we had a Guard that tried to stop the other crew.
I am sure that our MSHA Trainer/Safety gut had a lot to do with the no fine as well. That guy was smart and tough.