Originally Posted by Puddle
First time I ever had this happen to me - box of Nosler factory ammo where by chance the first 2 rounds selected FTF. Other brands of factory ammo and my handloads went bang just fine.

On inspection Nosler said the ammo had been loaded 3 years prior and the primers were seated too deep resulting in light strikes.

That was a new one for me....

I realize it's a fine line between a solid strike and piercing the primer, but I bet there was an equal chance the Nosler brass primer pocket was too deep. I had some some Nosler brass with deep primer pockets that would not ignite sometimes with WLR primers. Soon after I installed a Gre-Tan FP assembly in the 35 year old M700 and that solved the problem (I ultimately threw away the Noz brass because it was also very soft). Rifles that are left cocked sitting in the gun safe can eventually end up with a weaker FP spring. I believe our member Las had that problem in cold temps with a rifle of his.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.