Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Just got off the phone with my bud concerning the dud round.

I had loaded Winchester and R-P cases with Fed 210 primers. The issue was with an R-P case. He thinks the primer was set too low.

He took the rifle and killed a coon, says there is no problem with the firing pin indenting the primer.

I told him to sort out the cases, use the Winchester ones and check to see if the primers are near flush with the case, not set too deep.

I did send an email to Blaser, US, asking about light primer strikes. Evidently that's not the issue with this Mauser 18..

Told my bud he needs a better reloader.... grin

I guess something can slip thru quality control every now and then. Just hate that it was the shot on an 8 point that went click.

Even after all that, the lady still thinks I'm great, has faith in me.... cool

DF

The issue is with firing pin, if the primer is deeper in the Rem case then the firi g pin is a tad short. This happens more than most think

Not sure how to fix that.

DF

If Tubb makes a striker kit for your rifle, try that. IIRC, I had to shorten firing pin protrusion (there is a pretty good range of "acceptable") for the wone I put into my M70 7 X57. Said kit, by the way, made no noticable difference in my accuracy, which may be an impedient to the rifle's accuracy. smile

Last edited by las; 11/10/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.